How do you create a successful personal brand on LinkedIn today?
It’s not posting about the awards you win or sounding boastful about an accomplishment. It’s not about posting dry, boring business content.
It’s about providing others with value while being human and relatable and interesting. People want to do business with people they know and like and trust, and you can facilitate that by showing more about you.
Tell a story, be self-deprecating and connect with your network in an authentic, vulnerable and honest way. All while providing value.
Being human and relatable is what makes individuals – even business professionals like lawyers – stand out today.
Most people are scared to do that. Especially lawyers, and I get that.
But here’s the thing, being humble and authentic doesn’t mean that you have to share the skeletons in your closet or talk about childhood trauma or anything too personal. It just means that you need to be a human.
Talk about something that shaped you in your formative years, a mentor, someone who helped you, how you got in your field, what you learned from a failure, your favorite books or podcasts, a shoutout to a colleague or client, a lesson learned or why you love what you do.
There are so many ways to engage with others on LinkedIn with storytelling and enhance your visibility too. And that is what I think defines success in personal branding in 2023 and beyond.
another thing to think about is how you tell these stories, so, using video can be very effective and sharing a photo of yourself will help people get to know you better, so don’t be afraid to show up!
So my homework for you is to think about three ideas you could post – maybe using the prompts above.
You could also you could also sign up for my personal branding course!
Do you want to be more intentional and successful at building your personal brand?
Do you want to become a lead generation master on LinkedIn to grow your business?
Do you want to professionally build your brand on Linkedin, create an ideal network of potential clients and create momentum and a funnel?
The best time to build your brand on LinkedIn was yesterday, the next best is today!
This two-hour course offers coaching from me, a dynamic community, handouts, the webinar recording and slides.
- You will learn how to effectively use your personal brand to connect with colleagues, peers, referral sources and ideal clients both in-person and virtually to achieve your career goals.
- How to market yourself during all stages of your career.
- The growing importance of social media in personal branding.
- How to build an online presence, post content and build your authority, and grow your network on LinkedIn.
- How to master short-form videos in your content marketing efforts.
- How to use speaking, writing, volunteer and board roles, and public relations to build your brand.
- How to position yourself as a leader without seeming boastful.
- How to build your brand while working for an organization.
- And much more.
Let me know in the comments which ones resonate with you!