The Purchase Clean California Act (BCCA) – General public Agreement Code part 3500 et seq. – demands state businesses to take into consideration the carbon material of the subsequent products and solutions when awarding contracts:
- Structural metal
- Concrete reinforcing metal
- Flat glass and
- Mineral wool board insulation.
It is predicted that additional products and solutions may possibly be extra as a result of potential legislation.
Environmental Products Declaration
Powerful July 1, 2022. prosperous bidders on the pursuing condition challenge will be expected to post an Environmental Solution Declaration (EPD) pinpointing the product’s environmental influence above its everyday living cycle:
- Division of Transportation
- Division of Drinking water Methods
- Section of Parks and Recreation
- Section of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Military Section
- Division of Basic Services
- Regents of the College of California
- Trustees of the California State University and
- State businesses granted authority get the job done on community will work jobs beneath Administration Memo 18-01.
For items to be suitable, solution companies should perform a merchandise existence cycle evaluation and use a “program operator” to validate and publish the EPD. Producers can use system operators via the Application Operator Program although they are not necessary to.
Awarding agencies are responsible for implementation of the EPD requirement and specifications may possibly differ concerning the agencies. Far more data on the BCCA can be discovered at the Section of General Providers BCCA web page.